8.23.2005

tuesday is gay day here at blognac

So I guess everyone is talking about Eugene Volokh's nutty rant about the gays trying to convert the straights. I think it is pretty silly and other blogs have done a good job of poking holes in it. But here's what sticks with me...

In a follow-up post, Volokh asks, "Why wouldn't gays and lesbians who think that homosexual behavior is just fine want these people to experiment with homosexual behavior?" That's a fair question, and I don't think there is any reason why they wouldn't. But here's an ever better question: Why wouldn't any person who thinks that homosexual behavior is just fine want interested people to experiment with homosexual behavior? Why does it have to be only gays and lesbians who encourage (or, in Volokh's words, convert) people to comfortable and satisfied with their sexual urges and behavior? Is that why their clubs are so much more fun (I've heard)?

Also, read this, via Atrios via Colin.

No comments: