6.28.2005

i also had that whole "sick girl" identity for a while


This chick liked the David Byrne show even more than I did (she cried tons and went to high school with Liz Phair), which is saying a lot. But hers is the only decent review I've seen. The LA Times review is just stupid, it feels like it was written before the show:

In music as in life, you can tell a lot about a person by the company he keeps. From the Extra Action band to Arcade Fire, Byrne's companions Sunday were a tribute to his continuing musical vision. Even if his music is less searing than it once was, his commitment to his art and audience remains unbending.

See, I think you can tell a lot about a journalist by how often he uses the expression "in [blank] as in life..." This is what I was missing when I was supposed to pay for the Calendar section?

No comments: