7.29.2005

links about fish


Anyone who has ever eaten with me or heard me talk about food will know that I really just don't like salmon. And I really try, because I know it's supposed to be good for you (I mostly think that because this guy says so and he appears to be a huge badass. Who the fuck runs 300 miles? Idiots and badasses and that's it). And I can deal with lox. But I would never get a big pink hunk of salmon at a restaurant, and a single piece of salmon sushi can turn me off to the entire platter. So it's nice to know that I can stop trying to force salmon upon myself, as it appears that salmon can give you the clap chlamydia (I always thought "the clap" was chlamydia, but it's actually gonorrhoea). And also put out fires, which I guess is a good thing.

In the last fifty years we may have eliminated half of the ocean's fish species! WOW, that was certainly efficient. We've been especially rough on the large predators.

You can watch bluefin tuna (and sharks) swim on the Monterey Bay Aquarium site.

Will Wolfgang be serving salmon? I much prefer the whole fried catfish.

No comments: