7.18.2005

where the ice cream went


When I came back to LA for the summer I was pretty upset to discover that Massimo's was gone. For those of you who don't know, Massimo's makes the best gelato ever. I mean, I can't compare it to Italian stuff since I have never had it, but I would imagine that Massimo's is better. I was especially annoyed to make this discovery because I came across Massimo's empty space after a boozey lunch on a hot day in Venice and really wanted ice cream. Anyway, I guess there is another Massimo's in Culver City (13222 Washington Blvd., Culver City, (310) 823-8381), and they are looking for a new space to open another shop. So all is not lost.

From Eating LA:
the co-owner told me she is looking for another location to open a new ice cream parlor since they lost their lease on Abbot Kinney.


Bonus: read Eating LA's roundup of the best ice cream in town. I agree with the Mashti Malone tasters who say the ice cream does taste a little bit like nice hotel soap, but I think it does so in a good way.

No comments: