7.18.2005

UPDATED... and if you wanted to play depressed you could just open the release valve


When my short-lived production company (we almost had a PCIP intern) was casting its first movie, one of the key elements was to bring Christopher Walken in as an AeroBed. We'd seen some of his earlier performances and thought he might be able to bring something special to the portrayal of an incredibly-expressive-yet-not-alive inflatable bed. We were going to have monkeys playing people, so we were a little worried that he would have a problem lying there while the monkeys fucked on his back, but we thought his agent could talk him into it.

Sadly, due to creative differences among the producers and a decision to devote more time to Sharkpants, the movie never got made. But now Walken has gone public with his desire to play non-human roles and I think the whole "Cooler than Conor Productions" team is really kicking itself. Here's Walken talking about what it would be like to be a cat actor:

"If I was an actor and I had to play scared in a movie all I'd have to do is bush my tail. I think that if actors had tails it would change everything."


Christoper Walken, you are my crazy hair-pulling hero.

[via goldenfiddle]


UPDATES: Walken has talked about having a tail before. His tail desire is an ongoing thing, and he'd rather have a tail than be able to fly. And in the Washington Post, Walken reveals that he actually has tail-acting experience!

"I made another musical that's obscure, but it's also a very good movie, called 'Puss in Boots.' It was the children's story, and I played the cat," he says. "It's one of my better roles. It's out on video." If you can find "Puss in Boots" at your local video store, you'll be treated to the spectacle of Walken licking his whiskers, wagging his tail, answering to "Puss" and, naturally, dancing on a table, which has become a signature move.


No comments: